Thursday, June 12, 2014

Festival Summer 2014



Due to my study&work obligations I will not be able to go to one of the following festivals, but one can dream! My music taste is completely mixed up* and you will find a lot of different bands and musicians I like and appreciate in this post. Also, the new and upcoming bands are usually playing on Summer festivals, so it's a good opportunity to discover some new music :)

Basically, it's like making plans for going to a festival (without going really).
  *explanation for this is simple: music is my kind of drug ;)
Come on, follow me...


Glastonbury Festival (25th to 29th of June)



If I ever get tickets for this festival, I will start a dancing riot, seriously! It's one of the biggest music festivals in the world, and it takes place near Pilton, Somerset, in england. In addition to musicians it also hosts dance, comedy, theatre, a circus and other arts. It has been held intermittently from 1970 to 2014.
It won several awards for 'event of the year' and 'best festival', basically there are not enough words of my adoration for this.

The line up is so big that it doesn't fit in this post -> here you have the official overview

My favorite picks: Arcade Fire, Lily Allen, Jack White, The Black Keys, Foster the People, Jake Bugg, The Subways, White Lies, MIA,
Anna Calvi (I saw her when she supported Nick Cave&the Bad Seeds - great great voice!),
Lykke Li (my Swedish heart beats for her music - I saw her on a Swedish festival called 'Peace and Love' in 2008 and 2009, she's amazing!),
Crystal Fighters (my favorite Summer band of 2012), MGMT, Hozier, Johnny Flynn, Annie Mac, Foxes, Stromae, Mo

Songs, which I would love to hear at Glastonbury, when the sun goes down:



Be mine, be mine, be mine little rock'n'roll queen! (The Subways)

Lykke Li - No Rest for the Wicked



T in the Park Festival (11th-13th of July)
The first headline act that was announced were The Arctic Monkeys. They will close the festival on Sunday. Unfortunately, this festival has a dangerous underground problem: gas pipes from the 40's are right underneath the field where it takes place. My favorite radio station (bbc radio1) is also present with the radio1 stage. I assume they will also stream or record a few sets during the festival!

The lineup:





Who would I like to see:
Bastille, Haim, Chvrches, Paolo Nutini, Rudimental, Ben Howard, The 1975, John Newman, Nina Nesbitt, Clean Bandit, Ella Eyre, George Ezra (!his Budapest song is just. damn. brilliant.), Example (like him since the beginning), Franz Ferdinand (long time, no see), London Grammar, Kodaline, Sam Smith, Passenger, and so many mooore!

New bands: you can find a really good summary (over here)

Songs which I'd love to here live at T in the park: Ben Howard - Only Love




Rudimental - Waiting All Night (ft. Ella Eyre)



and of course:  Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm





Reading (&Leeds) Festival (22th-24th of August)
Reading and Leeds festivals are a pair of annual music festivals that take place in Reading and Leeds in England. The events take place simultaneously on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the August bank holiday weekend.
The Reading Festival is the original and senior of the two, it's the world's oldest popular music festival still in existence. The genres are wide spread: Rock, indie rock, alternative, heavy metal, punk rock


I would love to see there:  Vampire Weekend, Blood Red Shoes, The Hives, The Horrors, The Kooks, Klaxons, Peace and Macklemore&Ryan lEWIS

Songs I would like to experience at this festival live:

Macklemore&Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us



The Hives - Walk Idiot Walk (also saw them in Sweden, they have some energy, let me tell you!)






There are so many music festivals going on during Summer - which one would you like to go to?
What is your favorite music festival memory? Let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner